The Foresight Leader You Have Successfully Been Added to
Get TFL, the Newsletter of Foresight U (4U)!
You Have Successfully Been Added to
The Foresight Guide
Anticipating, Creating and Leading the Future
Our Aim: To be the world’s best online intro to futures thinking and foresight practice, and the best Big Picture Guide to the future from an acceleration-aware, complex systems, evidence-based perspective.
An encyclopedic resource for anyone interested in anticipating, creating and managing the future. The Foresight Guide is the first book anywhere that addresses a complete range of readers interested in the foresight field, including students, educators, and organizational leaders. It is a remarkably complete source for our times.
One part encyclopedia, one part text, one part self-help, one part editorial, and one part call to action. The field of foresight seems much bigger now than it did before reading this, and my professional reading list is now on a super-exponential curve!
What a work! It is all in here; this is the book to read to understand and overlook the entire field of foresight.
Events launching in 2021. Subscribe to our newsletter for notification!
Values – We believe:
- Accelerating change is real. Humanity is gaining superpowers, right now, and we must learn to use them better.
- Foresight is a critical personal and social skill. We get better at it with training and practice, together.
- Leadership starts with knowing and working on ourselves, in humble, honest, self-respecting, and mindful ways.
- Progress has a direction, and includes intelligent optimism, empowerment, empathy, ethics, and evidence-based thinking.
- We must use science & technology to improve our morality and the well-being of all life, even as that changes the nature of life.
- The world is waking up to its exponential promise. We are learning how to use ever smarter machines, platforms, and crowds (collective intelligence) to improve our foresight, innovation, and strategy.
Goals – We help people:
- Get affordable, high-quality training in Personal, Organizational, Societal, Global, and Universal (“Five Domain”) foresight and leadership.
- Realize the incredible power, promise and first-gen risks of exponential science and technologies.
- Get better at seeing, and helping others see, probable, possible, preferred and preventable (“4Ps”) futures.
- Become more intelligently optimistic, empowered, empathic, ethical, and evidence-based leaders and self-leaders.
- Grow their community of high-integrity, practical, future-oriented colleagues, friends, and acquaintances.
Activities – We are presently:
- Finishing The Foresight Guide, our two volume textbook on foresight practice and 21st century futures.
- Planning a podcast and annual conference that promote foresight, entrepreneurship, leadership, and self-improvement.
- Building a platform, Futureworthy, for collaborative idea generation for entrepreneurs.
Would you like to help? If you are a creative, innovator, entrepreneur, speaker, forecaster, scholar, consultant, manager, advisor, coach, investor or scout, and you share our values and goals above, please join us. You’ve found your community! Email us with your background and interests. Working together we can see farther, work better, and thrive more than ever before.
Life is truly amazing!