The Foresight Guide
Being a Leader in Anticipating, Creating & Managing the Future
Our Aim: To be the world’s best online intro to general futures thinking and professional foresight practice, and the best Big Picture Guide to the future from an acceleration-aware, evo devo, and evidence-based perspective.
An encyclopedic resource for anyone interested in anticipating, creating and managing the future. The Foresight Guide is the first book anywhere that addresses a complete range of readers interested in the foresight field, including students, educators, and organizational leaders. It is a remarkably complete source for our times.
One part encyclopedia, one part text, one part self-help, one part editorial, and one part call to action. The field of foresight seems much bigger now than it did before reading this, and my professional reading list is now on a super-exponential curve!
What a work! It is all in here; this is the book to read to understand and overlook the entire field of foresight.
Events Launching in 2018. Subscribe to Accelerating Times for Notification.
Values – We believe:
- Accelerating change is real. Humanity is gaining superpowers, right now, and we need to use them better.
- Foresight is a critical personal and social skill. We get better at it with training and practice, together.
- Leadership starts with knowing and working on ourselves, in humble, honest, loving, and authentic ways.
- Progress has a direction, and includes intelligent optimism, empowerment, empathy, ethics, and evidence-based thinking.
- We must use science & technology to improve our morality and the well-being of all life, even as that changes the nature of life.
- The world is waking up to its exponential promise. Every year we get better at using machines, platforms, and crowds (collective intelligence) to improve our team foresight, innovation, and strategy.
Goals – We help people:
- Get affordable, high-quality training in personal, organizational, global, and universal (POGU) foresight.
- Realize the incredible power, promise and first-gen risks of exponential science and technologies.
- Get better at seeing, and helping others see, probable, possible, and preferable (“3Ps”) futures.
- Become more intelligently optimistic, empowered, empathic, ethical, and evidence-based leaders and self-leaders.
- Grow their community of high-integrity, practical, future-oriented colleagues, friends, and acquaintances.
Activities – We are presently:
- Finishing writing The Foresight Guide, an online intro the field of foresight, and our disruptive and accelerating 21st century futures.
- Editing the Guide for print pub, in five volumes (Intro to Foresight, Personal Foresight, Org Foresight, Global Foresight, Universal Foresight).
- Planning retreats and an annual conference that promote foresight, entrepreneurship, leadership, and self-improvement.
- Building platforms for open, collaborative foresight production (Idea Hub, Futurepedia, and the Foresight Channel).
Would you like to help? If you are a creative, innovator, entrepreneur, speaker, forecaster, scholar, consultant, manager, advisor, coach, investor or scout, and you share our values and goals above, please join us. You’ve found your community! Email us with your background and interests. Working together we can see farther, work better, and thrive more than ever before.
Life is truly amazing!